July 18th, 2017
Many of Ontario’s reptiles and amphibians are species at risk. There’s still a lot we don’t know about them. Come join the St. Clair Conservation Authority as they monitor reptiles as a part of a long-term study to observe any potential changes in amphibian populations. Learn about local species, their threats, and how you can help.
If you came to the last reptile monitoring outing, we will be going into more detail on how to identify, survey, and monitor for local species.
Where to Meet
940 Holt Line, Wilkesport, ON N0P 2R0
What to bring
- lunch, snacks, water (LOTS OF WATER)
- sunblock and insect repellent (wash hands thoroughly after application for the sake of our amphibians
- RUBBER BOOTS, HIP WAITERS, ETC. for protection against ticks
- reptile/amphibian field guide
- Ontario Nature – Ontario Reptile and Amphibian Atlas (ORRA) App (free – optional)
- pen/pencil & notepad