Join the Thames Talbot Land Trust this weekend for their dedication and official opening of Hawk Cliff Woods! This is a free outdoor event taking place on September the 17th and 18th from 10am-3:30pm. The dedication and official opening takes place on September 18th at 12:30pm. The Celebration is hosted by the St Thomas Field Naturalist Club (STFNC), the Hawk Cliff Banders, and volunteers of Monarch Watch.
- Dedication and Official Opening of Hawk Cliff Woods
- Hawk banding demonstrations by STFNC and Hawk Cliff Banders
- Monarch Butterfly tagging demonstrations by STFNC and volunteers of Monarch Watch
- Educational programing by Let’s Talk Science
- Guided hikes led by Thames Talbot Land Trust
- Tree climbing with Tree Climbing Canada
- …and more!
Make sure to bring a pair of binoculars, a raptor field guide, a folding chair, and a spotting scope! And don’t forget something to drink and snack on!