After months of keeping it a secret, we’re finally ready to announce the winners of our 2016 Photo Contest.
In total, over 200 photos were entered entailing a diversity of plants, animals, mushrooms, scenes, and landscapes that truly highlighted Lambton County. It was a difficult judging process with many excellent entries. The panel of judges were from the Sarnia Photographic Club, the Petrolia Camera Club and Lambton Wildlife. Judging was aided by several other members of the Sarnia Photographic Club who made the process much more efficient with the use of a scoring machine and volunteering their time and effort.
One of the goals of the contest was to encourage the citizens of Lambton County to enjoy the outdoors and share their experiences through the medium of photography. By sharing these experiences we bring awareness to our area’s unique natural heritage. After going through all the photos, we felt like we succeeded!
The most rewarding part of the contest was that it was all captured by YOU! YOU explored the natural areas. YOU braved and/or basked in the elements. YOU took the time to capture special moments that can be shared. We THANK YOU for that.
The winners were announced and awarded their prizes at the “Members Photofest” event on January 30th. At the event, they had the opportunity to share any comments or stories behind their photo and answer any questions. It served as the perfect celebratory cap to Lambton Wildlife’s 50th Anniversary.
Keep on exploring and taking wonderful pictures!
The winners for each category are:
The November 15th deadline for Lambton Wildlife Inc.’s photo contest is fast approaching! With a diversity of wildlife and landscapes showcasing Lambton County, the gallery of entries displayed on the site thus far are wonderful. However, we could still use a lot more entries, especially for the youth excellence category.
If you haven’t submitted your photo(s) yet, there are still many reasons to, such as:
1) It’s free! No purchase, no entry fees, yes please.
2) You can win prizes! There’s over $1000.00 in prizes going to be given away. Need I say more? I will.
3) Submission can be done online today! Although things aren’t perfect, you don’t have to rely on pigeons or posts to submit your photos. Just check out the 2016 photo contest tab for more info and if you have any problems contact us and we’ll be more than happy to help.
4) The odds are in your favour! Especially youth! We do not have many entries so far, which means your chance to win is higher. All categories could use more entries, especially youth. The odds of winning right now are higher than you might think. We know we have talented youth and children out there who are skilled with the camera and would like some of these great prizes. What a great way to get your name out there too!
5) You and your photos will receive recognition from Lambton Wildlife and could be featured in Lambton Wildlife’s promotional materials and Earthways newletter! Amateur and professional photographers alike, you can get your name out there and for a great cause. Lambton Wildlife Inc. is all about the community and nature, submit to share your photographic proof.
6) You will be showcasing Lambton County, it’s wildlife and our natural areas! The Great Lakes, Oak Savannahs, Tall Grass Prairies, Carolinian Forest and all the patches in between that our wildlife calls home. You’ll be representing the vote-less and the voiceless, the winged and the rooted, the important and oft underappreciated!
Did I mention we need more youth entries?
Tell your kids, tell your friends, tell your friends with kids, tell Facebook…you get the idea.
Have You Successfully Uploaded Your Entries?
All photo contest submissions that were uploaded via the Photo Contest page or the Submit A Picture workaround will be added to an additional gallery so that all participants can show off their work and can confirm that their images were successfully submitted.
Please allow 2-4 days for your images to be added to this gallery.
* If you do not see your image after that time frame, please contact the webmaster.
Go and see if your images is there now!