Invitation to Apply for Funding
Lambton Wildlife Inc. (LWI) is a non-profit, nature organization that is dedicated to the conservation, preservation, and protection of the natural environment in Lambton County.
LWI has created a grant program, The Habitat Fund, to support other groups and organizations implementing projects that support our mandate for conservation and restoration of habitat in Lambton County.
Funding Pool & Granting Amounts
For 2020, a total of $10,000 is available for the funding of environmental initiatives by eligible groups. Grants will be awarded to a maximum of $5,000 for successful applicants.
- Community groups and organizations with an environmental project
- School groups (elementary & secondary)
- Conservation Authorities
- Indigenous groups
Lambton Wildlife Inc. supports a wide range of conservation projects.
Please contact LWI at email@example.com to determine the eligibility of potential projects not listed below:
- Native plants for butterfly/pollinator gardens
- Natural playgrounds (natural play elements only)
- Purchase of conservation lands
- Schoolyard greening and outdoor classrooms
- Tree planting & other habitat restoration work
- Landscaping/beautification or ornamental structures
- Scholarships, grants or bursaries
- Awards and prizes
- Playground equipment
- Expenses incurred prior to April 1 of the funding year
Application Timelines and Deadlines
- Applications for funding must be received 𝐛𝐞𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐞 the start of your project. Funding for expenses already incurred will not be granted. Application deadline: April 1, 2020
- Grants Committee Meets: April 2020
- Applicants Notified: May 1, 2020
- Projects must be completed by November 30, 2020
- A Funding Account Ability Report is due November 30, 2020.
All grant applications will be acknowledged. Please contact LWI at firstname.lastname@example.org if your application has not been acknowledged within five (5) days.
LWI regrets that not all funding applications can be granted. Funding is allocated at the sole discretion of the Lambton Wildlife Habitat Fund Committee (LWHF). Applications received after the application deadline will be considered at the sole discretion of the LWHF committee and are subject to the availability of funds. In exceptional circumstances, the LWI Board of Directors may entertain funding requests outside the Habitat Fund Program.
- Project must take place within Lambton County
- Any planting/restoration projects must use ONLY native plants (please include species list in application)
Priority will be given to projects that:
- Support the LWI mandate
- Meet a clearly defined environmental need within the community
- Where possible, contain measureable indicators of success
- Involve volunteers and partnerships with other groups, where applicable
Other Important Guidelines and Information
The project for which funding is granted cannot take place before April 1.
Invoices/Receipts must be scanned and sent to email@example.com or originals sent to Box 681, Sarnia, Ontario N7T 7J7.
Grant money will be released once the invoices/receipts have been receivedThe Grants Committee reserves the right to place conditions on the release of grants (e.g. the securement of other sources of funding). Such conditions will be outlined in the grant letter of notification.
The report must include digital photographs of the project (before and after). Successful applicants agree that the photographs provided may be used within the club’s print and electronic publications and for other promotional purposes. Site visits may also be requested.
Funds must be spent as per the project budget. Funding may only be reallocated with the written permission of LWI. Changes in activities, timelines or funding must be reported promptly to the Grants Committee Chair at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Failure to spend the funds in the manner specified in the application, or to submit any of the required documentation or reports by the date stipulated, may disqualify the applicant from any future grants from LWI. Future grants will not be considered unless reports on previous grants have been fully completed and received.
Successful applicants agree to recognize the support of Lambton Wildlife Inc. in all written material relating to the project for which funding was received. An electronic copy of our logo will be provided for this purpose.
All grant applications must be submitted online.